Tuesday, June 5, 2007

End of the School Year thoughts...





Joseph graduated from kindergarten this morning. All of the students in the 4 kindergarten classes presented a patriotic ceremony for the parents. Joseph's part was to say "This means we promise to be loyal" when the class recited "We pledge allegiance to the flag". They sang patriotic songs and then walked up to the podium to receive their certificate when the principal announced their name. It was adorable, but ridiculous that they are having full-out graduation ceremonies for each grade now, even before they get to grades. I think they do it for preschool also! Anyway... It's amazing that the school year is done already and that my son is so big, going into first grade after this summer break. Wow! He is growing so fast. He weighs 60 pounds and is 46'' I think. And he acts different now, talks like a big kid. However, he still is super sweet and thoughtful Joseph. That is my favorite trait of his; his thoughtful and kind nature without prompting. He picks a flower (wild flowers) for me almost every day. He fills glasses of icewater for me and for his dad often. If he hears one of us say to the other that we need something, he'll run and get it before we can. He wants to help, most of the time. He thinks of his brother Josh enough times to make me feel proud. And Joshua thinks of Joseph too. I love it. Those are the moments that make me so happy as a mom. I am so very happy as a mom, and as a wife to Anthony. I walked down the street last night to the mailbox. It was late, 11:30, and the sky was lit by the moon. My heart swelled with happiness and gratitude, as it often does, and I thanked my Father in heaven for Anthony, for Joseph, for Joshua, and for Kayla. I thanked him for my parents and siblings. I thanked him for Bob and Wendy and all of the family and friends I have been privleged to know. I thanked him for my health, my intellect, my foundation and testimony, and for the opportunity for my spirit to grow while here on this earth, the opportunity to experience this joy of living this mortal life. I am so flippin happy! I feel so humbled when I think of my situation and blessings, and put things into perspective. I am thankful for the disappointments and pain that I have felt that have made me wiser, stronger and more spiritually mature. June 2007. We have been married seven years now, and it's just getting better. This point is a fun time. I love the kid's ages. Joseph almost 6, Joshie almost 4, and Kayla almost 7 months is so fun! They are each absolutely adorable in different ways and we love it. I am so grateful that they are healthy, but even more that they are happy because they're being raised in a peaceful, loving environment, a safe area, and with deep spiritual influence from their parents who love the gospel. I wish each child could have the good life that my children have. My heart breaks when i think about the way some kids have to grow up, the awful situations they have to accept and adjust to. I know Heavenly Father's heart breaks too, but he sees the greater picture and knows that he cannot interfere with our agency.

No comments: