Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Rainy Day




Well it's a rainy day. Wasn't expecting this, it just kind of snuck up on us! Anthony planned to golf at the end of his workday, while I planned to meet Tierra at the park, but we'll have to rearrange our day. Maybe Tierra feels like coming out here & helping me paint... ? Ah, I'll have to call her in a minute. But seriously, I have got to finish painting my hallway and my boy's room. I've been avoiding it for three months. I like to paint, actually, I just feel like those extra things that I'd like to do don't fit in because everything else is a higher priority. Just keeping up on being organized and running this household smoothly, and making my children happy, is non-stop time-consuming it seems! The greatest "extra" I don't have time for but desperately wish I did is my music. I miss it and want to spend a little time each day working on it, especially since we've spent money on some equipment and software and I feel awful about wasting it. I also don't like the fact that I have lists of songs that I want to share with people, but they're just sitting here in my head, for seven years now, some of them longer than that. These songs are special to me, not necessarily music that I'm super proud of because of its amazing quality, but they are straight from my heart and really, are my testimony of the Book of Mormon. And that's what I'm so anxious to share and feel is a shame that it's been kept quiet all this time. However, I am glad that I'm taking the time to perfect them & get the recording quality right before I do share.
And, I must say, I am glad that for the past seven years, although the music has been put on hold, the rest of my life that has gone forward is absolutely what I always dreamed of and my heart swells up with happiness and gratitude when I think of my situation; my husband & children. I love being a mom as much as I always knew I would. Everyday my kids say and do things that melt my heart or make me laugh, and I regret that I can't keep track and record all of these moments to remember throughout my life. I try, though. I write down as many adorable comments that my boys make as I can, and bust out the video camera a lot, often too much - sometimes my filming of Kayla looking in the mirror or lying on a blanket goes a little too long. :) There is so much I could write; I dont know why I started this blogging thing. I don't have time and yet here I am typing for 20 minutes! I need to go wake up my son. Joshua will sleep for hours longer than he should if we never woke him up and then he'll never go to bed at night! Josh is almost four years old now. Joseph will be six. My boys are growing big.

No comments: